Involving Jewish Men in Jewish Life
Congregation Agudas Achim Men’s Club is affiliated with the Federation of Jewish Men’s Clubs, an international organization representing hundreds of Men’s Clubs.
Purposes of the Men’s Club
- To strengthen the involvement of the members in the life of the congregation.
- To promote a more thorough knowledge and appreciation of Jewish life.
- To stimulate social and cultural activities among the members and in the community at large.
- Men’s Club exists to support Congregation Agudas Achim and to promote fellowship by organizing events through which its members provide services for our synagogue, assist its youth, and enjoy social camaraderie.
Our upcoming programs are:
- Wednesday, 3/23 – Grill hot dogs for Purim Palooza
- Sunday, 4/3 – Re-paint the gates of our cemeteries
- Friday & Saturday, 4/22 & 4/23, Fiesta parades
- May – joint program with UTSA Athletic Dept. at a UTSA baseball game (details TBA)
- May – Grill hot dogs for IPRS’ end-of-school-year picnic (date TBA)
- June – San Antonio Missions baseball game
- Sunday, 10/16 – Build the synagogue’s Sukkah in the courtyard
- Other programs for the summer and fall to be announced